Sitting on the parkway, the Franklin Institute has been one of Philadelphia’s most beloved attractions, teaching kids and adults alike about advances in science and technology for nearly 300 years. It almost seems too perfect that Social Media Day Philadelphia 2016 takes place in a building so rich with stories of innovators. After 11 hours of learning from a variety of 50 speakers and panelists at this sold out event, here are the main takeaways for the pharmaceutical industry:
- The magic formula for social media is to be both entertaining and educational with the goal to provide value to the customer at all levels of engagement.
- It’s important to humanize brands because while people are relatable, companies are not
- With healthcare social media, the stakes are much higher than regular social media. We’re helping people make critical choices about their health.
- Regardless of your industry, your customer is on social in some way. You will always lose the game if you don't play.
- Make the experience as easy as possible for your audience and customer. As a generation’s values shift, the format we use to connect with them must change.
At DUSA, we face the challenge of being creative while being compliant. It is up to us to get our clients innovating on social media to further progress the conversations between brands and consumers.
Social Media Specialist
Whittler of wood. Dangerously curious. Master of the art of the handshake.