Job Number: DIS000411
The SVP, Account Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of his/her account management team. This position includes both internal and external responsibilities.
Internal responsibilities include the direct management and mentoring of account team, contributing to brainstorming and start-up of new programs, troubleshooting, facilitating inter-departmental communication, providing monthly reports and new business forecasts to senior management, participating in team meetings and contributing to new business development efforts.
External responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders, and presenting innovative ideas and exploiting new business opportunities with current client(s).
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with client(s) and stakeholders.
- Ensure client expectations are met or exceeded on all levels by maintaining ongoing communication (written and verbal) with client and account team members and troubleshooting problems/issues as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and marketing objectives.
- Oversee budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Pursue and acquire new business within current accounts by writing proposals, developing new business presentations, and regular on site client meetings.
- Achieve or overachieve revenue for a given year for each account.
- Hire, train, establish individualized career development plans, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Update senior management on account team activity, new business opportunities, financial analyses and projections.
- Assign and manage account team workload.
- Work with department managers to identify and manage internal and external resources.
- Facilitate conflict resolution within and between departments or between account team members.
- Participate and/or lead team meetings.
- Adhere to all Publicis Healthcare and Communications Group (PHCG) policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
- Ten plus years relevant job experience, including management responsibilities, interdisciplinary team involvement, marketing and/or communications within a professional agency setting is required.
- Management experience in one or more of the following settings: pharmaceutical manufacturer, biotech, managed care, hospital, medical communications company, or healthcare advertising agency is preferred.
- The ability to quickly grasp and retain scientific and technical concepts is required. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, strong presentation skills and business development skills are also required.
- Heavy knowledge and experience in pharma is required.