Job Number: DIS000406
The Account Director role is responsible for the day to day running of accounts in all aspects including financial processes and profitability while proactively managing and developing team members. The Account Director is expected to be a strategic client contact and advisor, with visible ongoing engagement with key clients. Whilst retention and growth of accounts is a key responsibility, the expectation is that the Account Director will also generate new business within current clients and new clients and will lead new business pitches.
Owns the client relationship on assigned brands. Owns the brand strategy and effectively influences the client to achieve brand objectives. Contributes to and may be accountable for new business development. Responsible for staffing, managing and leading the assigned account team
Understands agency revenue and profitability model and ensures work is completed within budget by project. Owns the revenue and forecast for the brand. Determines and negotiates budget needs; provides input to fee development. Vigilantly seeks to optimize agency services and internal resources
• Keeps management informed of account status, problems, plans, and meetings and gets senior management involved as needed.
• Serves as team leader to both integrated agency team and to client. Provides assistance related to agency/team/management policies and practices
• Advances best practices in agency process
• Develops staff, mentors
Approaches brand from holistic marketing perspective. Integrates emerging technologies into client recommendations.
• Comprehensive understanding of client's business and has a thorough understanding of industry business trends. Alert to changes in clients’ marketplace. Has broad knowledge of what’s going on in the marketplace to offer solutions to clients
• Cultivates relationships with appropriate thought leaders to help maintain solid knowledge of client’s business
• Expert in multi channels and multi audiences – enough knowledge to be able to act agnostically when making decisions on behalf of the client.
Owns the brand strategy. Owns and communicates to the extended internal team, the overall client vision and the vision for all marketing programs for client’s business. Is sought as strategic leader by the team.
• Spearheads the presentation to client of annual plans and significant interim programs.
• Responsible for new business opportunities and driving growth on assigned brands
Tactics and Execution
Communicates strategy and tactical plan effectively. Ultimately responsible for flawless execution.
• Provides clear strategic direction to agency team. Evaluates creative product against strategic direction, and provides constructive feedback.
• Approaches brand from holistic marketing perspective, looks at all media and forms of digital marketing, communications and advertising to develop outcomes that meet client objectives.
• Proactively coordinates and integrates across all agencies at BAL’s direction, as needed
• Solid knowledge of PH businesses, offerings, and tools
Owns the client relationship on assigned brands. Effectively sells the creative product to the client.
• Very client facing. Outstanding client service & relationship building. Proactively manages relationship with clients and seeks opportunities to strengthen/build new relationships as needed.
• Seeks opportunities to showcase agency work among current and prospective clients
• Finds opportunities to grow business within current accounts and into new accounts
• Be and be seen as point person for senior client.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures
• Solves client issues, independently moderates conflicts with significant complexity and political sensitivity
o Channel Agnostic as exhibited by experience in at least two functional areas: professional, consumer, digital, pr, med ed, etc
o Proactive and action oriented. Great multi-tasker.
o Exhibits Integrity and Trust
o Exhibits Self Development
Education and Experience
o Bachelors degree required
o 7+years experience
o 3+ years experience managing others
o Pharma advertising experience is a plus, Oncology or high science is ++!
o Strong, significant experience as an Account Supervisor or in leading strategic marketing plans
Demonstrated ability working on a wide range of accounts and categories