POSITION: Account Director
JOB ID: #DIS000406
PRIMARY LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
Position Summary: The VP, Account Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of his/her account management team. This position includes both internal and external responsibilities.
- Internal responsibilities include the direct management and mentoring of account team, contributing to brainstorming and start-up of new programs, troubleshooting, facilitating inter-departmental communication, providing monthly reports and new business forecasts to senior management, participating in team meetings and contributing to new business development efforts.
- External responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders, and presenting innovative ideas and exploiting new business opportunities with current client(s).
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with client(s) and stakeholders.
- Ensure client expectations are met or exceeded on all levels by maintaining ongoing communication (written and verbal) with client and account team members and troubleshooting problems/issues as necessary.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of client organizations, products, disease states, and marketing objectives.
- Oversee budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual projects.
- Pursue and acquire new business within current accounts by writing proposals, developing new business presentations, and regular on site client meetings.
- Achieve or overachieve revenue for a given year for each account.
- Hire, train, establish individualized career development plans, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Update senior management on account team activity, new business opportunities, financial analyses and projections.
- Assign and manage account team workload.
- Work with department managers to identify and manage internal and external resources.
- Facilitate conflict resolution within and between departments or between account team members.
- Participate and/or lead team meetings.
- Adhere to all Publicis Healthcare and Communications Group (PHCG) policies and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
Professional Skills Experience:
- Ten plus years relevant job experience, including management responsibilities, interdisciplinary team involvement, marketing and/or communications within a professional agency setting is required.
- Management experience in one or more of the following settings: pharmaceutical manufacturer, biotech, managed care, hospital, medical communications company, or healthcare advertising agency is preferred.
- The ability to quickly grasp and retain scientific and technical concepts is required. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, strong presentation skills and business development skills are also required.
- Heavy knowledge and experience in Oncology is required.